Sunday, February 6, 2011

How To GET and FAKE Smaller Pores Tips ^_^

You are going to need:
  • A mud mask
  • A blackhead extractor/Tissue
  • Spoons/Ice cubes
  • A matte foundation/powder
  • Primer
To GET smaller pores:
So the best way to appear to have smaller pores, is to HAVE smaller pores :) The way I do it, is firstly by using a mud mask. The one I use is Etré dead sea mud mask. The downside to this one is that it's quite fragrant - but considering it only stays on for about ten minutes, doesn't go close to the eyes, and when it's dry I can actually SEE the oil spots where my blackheads tend to appear being absorbed into the mud - I think it's worth it.

I apologize for these awkward closeups :P but it shows how the mud mask works:


Those little dark spots are oil spots where my blackheads will no longer be after rinsing off the mud mask :)

When the mud mask isn't enough, I use an extractor. I use this whenever I have a lot of visible blackheads around my blackhead prone areas, after cleansing my face. You use it by simply pressing the little metal ring over your blackheads. It works better if you rinse your face with warm water or use steam for about ten minutes first.

Another great way of extracting is the old fashioned tissue-on-fingers-and-squeeze method. This will get the blackheads from deeper down your pores, but it takes more time and can be very drying and make you sore. I usually get redness and flaky skin for at least 3 days after doing it this way :S

To really tense and tighten your pores, we gon' chill dem out :P You can use spoons or an ice cube. I prefer the ice cube, it lasts longer and doesn't use up my spoons :P I run the ice over mainly my nose, chin, and brow, until it's melted. This is REALLY very refreshing ^_^ It's also anti-ageing since you're causing your muscles to contract and encouraging blood flow to your skin when your skin warms itself again.

Remember to also moisturise afterwards. You might want to let your skin 'breathe' for a little while before putting anything on your face again.
Tea and plenty of water will also help your skin :)

To FAKE smaller pores:
This is very simple. A matte base will dull any lighting on your face creating the appearance of an even, smooth skin. There are also primers that will help fill them in, such as Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone by Mac Cosmetics, and a good long lasting concealer will help a lot :)

Much Love,

Kristine Storm xx

No comments:

Post a Comment